Sunday, December 20, 2009

'Tis the Season For . . .

Christmas parties,






making gingerbread houses,




and cookies,




and reflecting on Santa Claus.



After attending our church Christmas party a couple of weeks ago, which featured an appearance by Santa Claus, all the kids were talking about who it was that was "dressed up" like Santa.  G. Diddy came home and asked me "Mom, is Santa real."  Being a cautious mother I answered with a question (He is only 7), "What do you think?"  His answer, "Yes, but you'll tell me when I get older if he's not,  so I know if I need to buy my kids presents or not, right?"  Luckily my back was to him at the time because I had to try hard to stifle my laughter at his too cute answer.  That answer so beautifully captures the innocence and belief of children, and I have been enjoying it over and over for the past couple of weeks.

No comments: