Sunday, May 2, 2010

Blessing Day


We blessed our beautiful C. Bear in church today. It was a wonderful experience. The dress she wore was my great-grandmother's blessing dress. Little C. was able to wear this dress on her blessing day too and it was so neat. Events like baby blessings and baptisms always seem to heighten my knowledge of the importance of family. It makes it even more poignant to have my babies wear this link to past generations of my family.

I always worry that my baby will be good and not cry during the blessing. C. Bear slept for most of the meeting, but when Doug took her to go up to the front of the chapel for the blessing she woke up.  I was a little nervous, but the neatest thing happened. The entire time Doug gave the blessing she just stared at him with a huge, beautiful grin on her face. Doug said it was an amazing experience. It was as if she was connected to him, and on some level understood what he was saying and was feeling and recognizing the spirit that was present. She was perfect the rest of the meeting and there was an incredible spirit the rest of the day. We were blessed to be able to share it with our wonderful family and friends.



I am so thankful God gave us families. My family is truly the most important thing on earth to me. I am grateful for the glimpses into Heaven I get through my experiences with them.





3 comments:

Jourdan said...

I wish there was more time to interact with you guys more often, I need a little rubbing off from ya... You are an incredible family! And handsome/beautiful to boot!

Congrats!

Becky said...

She looks so cute and the dress is lovely. So glad you had a wonderful day. :)

Sandy said...

Beautiful little baby and beautiful family.