Friday, November 5, 2010

Back to Nature


We missed out on Nature Study last year because I suffered so much from morning sickness, and generally feeling lousy during my pregnancy. I was determined that we would add it back into our studies this year, but I have yet to do it until today. It was a gorgeous fall day, and I wanted to get out and enjoy it with the kids before all the colors and leaves were gone. We went to my favorite nearby place to do nature study, a local river trail, and it didn't disappoint. There is something about the flow of a river and the vegetation that grows near it, that is soothing to the soul.



When we arrived, we were greeted by this little guy, which caused quite a bit of excitement for the kids. 



We decided to go down by the water to skip rocks 



and enjoy the view.





Little C. had fun collecting rocks and leaves




and posing for pictures.




There was so much beauty to capture.




I just wish my camera battery would have been charged. Instead I had to make do with the camera on my phone. At least I had something.




We stopped to play at a park on the trail,



and then headed home for more fun in the sun on this beautiful Fall day.


Don't you just love Autumn?


1 comment:

Montserrat said...

First thing I noticed reading this nature walk post - how BIG your kids have grown over the last year! They just seem so much older compared to the pictures posted last year from your nature walks.

The fall colors are beautiful too.